Being double-minded robs our faith and prevents us from focusing on that objective or target we need to believe for in faith! James tells us about this in James 1:6 But let him ask in faith without doubting,for he who doubts is like a wave of the sea tossed and driven by the wind.For let not that man suppose he will receive anything from the Lord;he is a double-minded man unstable in all his ways.
Here are 7 things to remember to stay single-minded:
1) Choose who you are serving! 1 Kings 18:21 -And Elijah came to all the people, and said, "How long will you falter between two opinions? If the LORD is God, follow Him; but if Baal, follow him." But the people answered him not a word.
2) Cease all reasoning; don’t think too hard; Luke 5:22-23-But when Jesus perceived their thoughts, He answered and said to them, "Why are you reasoning in your hearts?
23 "Which is easier, to say, 'Your sins are forgiven you,' or to say, 'Rise up and walk'?
Simply obey; 1 Peter 4:17-For it is time for judgment to begin with the family of God; and if it begins with us, what will the outcome be for those who do not obey the gospel of God?
3) Watch what you say! Drop all the Poor-Little-Old-Me-talk;
4) Fix your eyes on Jesus; Hebrews 12:2 Let us fix our eyes on Jesus, the author and perfecter of our faith, who for the joy set before him endured the cross, scorning its shame, and sat down at the right hand of the throne of God.3 Consider him who endured such opposition from sinful men, so that you will not grow weary and lose heart.
5) Don’t throw away your confidence; Hebrews 10:35 Therefore, do not throw away your confidence, which has a great reward.
6) I AM NOT A VICTIM but a VICTOR; If you want to rule, then think and act like you have dominion like the Lord says you have!
7) Watch who you hang with. 2 Thessalonians 3:14-15 And if anyone does not obey our word in this epistle, note that person and do not keep company with him, that he may be ashamed. Yet do not count him as an enemy, but admonish him as a brother.
Proverbs 13:20- He who walks with wise men will be wise, But the companion of fools will suffer harm.